21 January 2008

Needles needles needles

Blogstalker assignment for last week was to post pictures of your needles. I voted for this as a topic because all of my needles are in one place and I knew they'd be easy to photograph.

So here we are:

needles 012108

This is one of the Bag Smith knitting bags. I received it as a gift the first Christmas after I started knitting. It used to hold yarn, but I grew out of it pretty quickly. It became my needle house soon after that.

Let's see what's in the bottom of the bag.

needles2 012108

There are probably 30+ circular needles and a dozen sets of DPNs in the needle roll.

My "in use" needles are in the basket.

needles3 012108


Can you tell I prefer circs? I have some straights, but they are unruly for the way I knit.

And besides being unruly, these are just plain strange:

knit lite 012108

Knit Lites. They were a gift. While the idea of knitting in a darkened movie theater is somewhat appealing, I wouldn't want to be anyone sitting near me. How distracting would that be?

Great thing about getting out all my needles was that it made me finally finish entering them into my Ravelry notebook. Been meaning to do that for a while.

4 Comments:

Blogger Brena said...

Wowza! I love your collections... you're so neat!

10:25 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Wow I'm impressed that yours are all in the same place. With the exception of my options set, mine are all scattered.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Mag said...

So, you're saying that you've never used those lighted needles? I find that shocking in the extreme! snicker

4:54 PM  
Blogger Rebel said...

WOW - that's a little too organized!! Actually, I shouldn't talk... most of my circs are in the same place. But still, that's a very organized knitting bag.

The lighted needles probably make really good light-sabers for when you're battling the dark side of the force. ;)

12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home