01 January 2008

Scorecard

Let’s review my goal list from 2007. How’d I do?

1) Lose weight. Uh, yeah. Didn’t happen. I think I weigh the same I did this time last year. At least I didn’t gain anymore. And this year, I don’t care what I weigh. I’m just not going to stress over it anymore. For this time in my life, being thin and gorgeous is not important. I’ll worry about my weight again after we have kids.

2) Stick to the budget I created for our household. I completely forgot about the budget for a few months in the middle of the year. Then I had a horrible freak out in August and we went back on the budget. Then off it again. Then back on it. We’ve been taking a break from it during the holidays, but I am committed to being diligent about our spending in the new year. So, this goal is being carried over to 2008.

3) Knit from my stash until 1 April. This goal was actually met. I think I purchased one skein of cheap acrylic yarn from Hobby Lobby in March, for a wedding present project, but other than that, I didn’t buy anymore yarn. Go me! We won’t discuss the remainder of the year.

4) Do not start any new projects for the month of January. Another goal met! And, actually, I have become a more monogamous knitter over the last 6 months. I have realized that projects are finished faster when I concentrate all my time on one thing rather than dividing my time among 6 different projects. My goal for 2008 will be to have no more than 3 projects on the needles at one time. I currently have 1 sweater and 2 pairs of socks in progress. Three is a nice comfortable number for me.

5) Read the newspaper every day. Not only have I not accomplished this goal, but I have finally accepted the fact that I never read the paper, so I am cancelling my subscription. I like getting the Sunday paper for the coupons and sale flyers, but paying for a subscription just to get some coupons is not worth the money. Shane said he’d get me a Sunday paper from the machine on the corner whenever I want one.

6) Recycle. Hmmm. Does intention count? I have a bin in the garage for bottles, and a bin under the sink for cans. They’re both full. Neither has been emptied for 6 months. So I guess I failed on this goal. I’ll try to get into a routine with the recycling in 2008.

What do I want to add to the goals for 2008?

1) Find a new doctor for female things and discuss what I need to do to before trying to get pregnant. I have a couple of health issues that I need to resolve, or at least alter the way I’m dealing with them, before I can go about trying to have a child.

2) Find a therapist and start regular counseling. Yep, I’m a nut case. Time to start dealing with my crazy in a healthy way rather than eating my mental stress and pretending it doesn’t exist.

3) Get this f*cking house ready to sell and don’t let myself or Shane get lazy about it anymore. If we are to have a child this year, we must buy a bigger house, or the baby will have to sleep in the car. If Shane and I were not the world’s biggest procrastinators, we would be in a new house already. No more excuses. This house goes on the market by mid-May. Period.

As for knitting goals, I really only have one: Knit more socks for myself. Next winter, I want to completely do away with wearing store-bought socks. I have only 4 pairs of hand-knitted socks, which is not nearly enough.

---

Looking back over the last year, not a whole lot happened. I worked. Shane worked. We went on vacation in September. We spent every other weekend with BB. I knitted a lot. Life for us in 2007 was pretty stable. Nothing exciting—good or bad. I guess I can be thankful for the mundane.

4 Comments:

Blogger Eryn said...

Sugarpie - you've got fabulous goals for this year.

2:16 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Admirable goals! Especially the new house and baby ones!

2:42 PM  
Blogger Brena said...

I love your goals! My therapist has helped me a lot and I love her. Good luck on the new house and the baby.

I went crazy on the socks last year! I have a lot of pairs, but still love knitting them. What size shoe do you wear? I'd gladly make you a pair!

6:59 PM  
Blogger Mag said...

The house thing and procrastination is something you and I have in common. I am so reluctant to have the potential buyers traipsing through the house, that I put it on the back burner. For about 5 years now it's been simmering back there. ;)

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home