29 December 2007

Thank you Santa!

So, what did Santa bring my little family this year?

Shane's big gift was a Norelco somethingorother fancy sci-fi-looking electric razor. He's never used one before, so I hope it works okay for him. It would be so nice if he could shave more than once a week (poor thing has sensitive skin).

BB's big gift was a karaoke machine from my parents. The boy loves to sing and my dad is all about encouraging it. Bummer is that we realized after getting it all set up that you have to have special CDs to use in it. I'm currently on a search to find some that he can sing along with.

My big gift was a new camera. Mom and Dad got me a Canon PowerShot. They got Wendy the same one. I finally was able to sit down with it today to figure out how it works. Lordy! This thing is high-tech. It probably has 1001 functions I'll never use. But now I can shoot little videos. I'm going to start testing it tomorrow to see how well it shoots pictures of yarn. My other camera was horrible in that department. The colors were never right, and neither was the lighting. I haven't posted pictures of my yarn purchases over the last year because (well, because I wasn't supposed to buy yarn this year--uh, yeah) I could never take a decent picture. I'd love to participate in yarn pr0n Friday, but my camera sucked. It'd be great if the new one handled closeups better. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

Overall, Christmas was pretty good this year. Grandma wasn't around because she is spending the winter in Florida with my aunt. I won't go into why not having her here made the holiday much less stressful. We had BB for the day, and spent the whole day over at my parents' house. Kevin and Christy were here this year. They were in St. Louis with her family last year. We ate and drank and ate and drank and drank and drank and drank some more. Oh, and opened presents too. BB got lots of stuff, half of which he probably won't ever play with, and certainly won't remember who was the giver (but I'm not annoyed at that fact at all--snark).

Now that another Christmas is over, I'm ready for the new year. I have a lot planned for 2008 and I'm anxious to get it started. I'll bore y'all with the details later.

4 Comments:

Blogger Brena said...

I feel the same way about moving onto 2008, I can't wait!

And a new camera is a great gift! I hope to get a new one someday since mine is huge and teenagers look at it funny.

5:45 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

If you figure out how to use the Powershot, send me some tips!

Glad that Santa was good to you all!

3:15 AM  
Blogger Mag said...

Happy New Years Bev!


(I still haven't learned how to use my camera! Hah!)

9:54 AM  
Blogger Calling on Kahlo said...

I have a powershot (no idea what model) and it is pretty good. Happy New Year!

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home