17 December 2007

Sneezey sniffles

I have a cold. I've been getting this cold for a week. It finally blew up into a full-on phlegmy sneezey mess on Saturday. I managed to get out with BB on Saturday morning to run a couple of errands, even though it was snowing, and even made dinner Saturday night, with Shane's help on the grill. Laundry was even finished yesterday. But today? It was all I could do to drag my coughing ass to work and sit there for 8 hours. Good thing that most of what I had to do today was clerical because if I'd had to read proofs, I can guarantee they would have been a mess.

whine, whine, whine

On the knitting front, I finished Cozy. All I need to do is weave in ends and block it. I think I may try to do that tonight because it needs time to dry before I wrap it Wednesday evening. I'll be giving it to its recipient on Thursday evening. I'll post some pictures and do an FO wrapup after I give it to her.

To make myself feel a little better, I started a pair of socks. Ah, socks. For me, socks are the comfort food of knitting. It just puts my soul in a good place to be working on a pair of socks. My sock mojo appears to have come out from hiding, because these are working up so quickly, on size 0s no less. I'm using the same Meilenweit yarn that I used with the failed Jaywalkers. Instead of trying the Elongated Corded Rib pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks again, I am doing a rotating rib, a la Yarn Harlot. Very mindless pattern, which is just what I needed after 2 big lace projects. The colors are pooling weirdly, but I don't care. I'll take some pictures when I get a little further into the first sock.

I need to go blow my nose.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mag said...

I am sitting here in complete empathy with you as I've been blowing my stuffy sneezy nose for the last three hours. I so hope it is just a histamine fit from an allergy attack. I get those sometimes. PLEASE! ;-)
Get well soon!

10:17 PM  
Blogger Brena said...

I hope you feel better soon!

My sock mojo seems to have returned as well, hooray!!!!!!!!

4:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home