24 November 2007

Thankfulness

As I look over my life, there are more things I am thankful for than I could list here and not bore the hell out of everyone. However, there are 3 things that shine above all others.

• I am thankful for my husband. The last long-term relationship that I was in was very damaging to me in many ways. Being with a man like Shane has healed me. I will never forget the wrongs that were done to me by the X, but every day that passes the memories fade a little more. I am truly blessed to have a man who is all of the wonderful things that Shane is.
• I am thankful for my job. It’s amazing how having a shitty job can drain the life out of you. I am one who must love what she does, and I have finally found a career that I love and can see myself doing until retirement. I still have good days and bad days on the job, but at the end of the day, I deeply enjoy what I do.
• I am thankful that BB has the mother that he has. I don’t always agree with the things that she does or the decisions that she makes, but I know that she has the best interests of her children at heart, and that makes our relationship so much easier. She is not jealous of my presence in Shane and BB’s life. She is supportive of us as BB’s other family. We have a very cooperative and respectful relationship with her and that makes life so much easier for Shane and me. Being a stepparent is difficult enough without there being tension and stress between the divorced parents. I am thankful that there is no tension so that we can all concentrate on parenting BB.

---

I am spending most of my free time working on the Secret of the Stole, so I may not be posting as much in the next week. I have to do about 60 rows a day in order to have it finished in time to wash and block it before 8 December. I’m still going at a good pace, so I feel confident I can finish in time. As of this morning, I have 1/3 of hint 5 left to finish. I hope to move onto hint 6 by this evening. Thank heavens for a few days off work, huh?

4 Comments:

Blogger Georgiann said...

I think it is wonderful that you have so much to be thankful for that you think it could bore us -- Never! Your list was sweet, and makes me want to compile my own.
Happy Thanksgiving weekend, and happy days off!

2:44 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

It's wonderful to have so much to be thankful for! And I hope you always will be so blessed!

6:16 PM  
Blogger Eryn said...

Such a sweet list; you are blessed. Good luck staying on track with the Secret of the Stole!

8:08 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beverly,

You are so far along on your Secret of the Stole! Keep up the good work and I know you will finish in plenty of time.

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home