13 November 2007

It's what's for dinner... er... breakfast

I'm super late with this blogstalking assignment from last week: What's for breakfast. I apologize profusely for my tardiness. I have a good excuse though. I eat breakfast when I get to work, and taking a picture of your breakfast before eating it is a little odd. I had to wait for a day when no one was around so I could snap a pic without having to explain myself.

Anyway, on to the vittles!

breakfast
it occurs to me that you can see some of the useless crap on my desk in this picture (magic 8 ball, angel icon, NASCAR metal car full of mints in the shape of the number 48, Getting in Touch With Your Inner Bitch calendar). should have moved that stuff out of the way.

We have yogurt, onto which I sprinkle plain granola, a banana, and coffee, about 1/2 a pot, to be exact. The granola I eat is Bob's Red Mill. It is absolutely the best plain granola. Good crunch without being too hard on the teeth; good flavor without overpowering the flavor of the yogurt; not too sweet. Unfortunately, there is only one grocery store in town that stocks it and they don't always have it available.

Now, wasn't that worth the wait? No?

---

This tree in our front yard is so amazing this year.

fall tree morning 111607

I had to really mess with the photo editing software to get the color just right. I don't remember it being so bright in past years, but then, I don't think I ever paid much attention to it before. Shane pointed out that it had changed colors overnight. Before he moved in a couple of years ago, the poor thing struggled to stay alive. He's trimmed it a few times over the last couple of years and now it's just gorgeous. Guess Mr. Tree is happy and is showing his gratitude.

It's colors like this that make me wish I dyed my own yarn. I would love to try to duplicate that color in yarn.

6 Comments:

Blogger Dame Wendy said...

Wow! Your tree is GORGEOUS!

9:56 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

That tree is breathtaking - I love the colors!

7:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmm, yogurt and granola. That's another of my favorite breakfasts.

Beautiful tree! I just love Fall.

9:32 AM  
Blogger Soo said...

One of the things I miss most about Canada now that I'm in the UK is the amazing fall colours. Thanks so much for the photo - stunning!

2:50 PM  
Blogger Lucy said...

I wonder why the trees don't go that colour I the UK. Stunning.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Mag said...

My Goodness LOOK at That TREE! Wow, thank you so much for posting that.

Cool iris coffee mug!

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home