03 November 2007

A woman's prerogative

I changed my mind - again. I started the first strip on the Woven Trellis scarf and I just wasn't feeling it. I love the yarn, and I love the way it was looking, but I hate DPNs so much that the project just wasn't making me happy.

So I changed my mind.

Instead, the person who was going to receive the scarf is now going to receive Cozy, in hunter green wool. What's sad is that I actually started this very project, in this very yarn, for this very person, a few months ago. I didn't like the way it was shaping up so I ripped it out and started looking for something else to make. Now I'm back. I don't know why I'm pulled to this project, but I know better than to ignore the inner knitting demon for too long. On my first try, I used size 8s. I knit really tightly, so I think I'll go with 10.5s this time and see how it goes. The larger needles should make for a lacier product. Lace is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home