10 October 2007

Messy lace 'n stuff

Abbey wanted to help me take a picture of this week's WiP.

clue 1 Abbey

I was just relieved that she didn't step on it.

So, what is that uneven and horribly displayed bit of lace knitting? I joined the Secret of the Stole knitalong back in August, and the first clue was posted last Friday. I have about 20 more rows to finish clue 1.

clue 1 101007

This is my first real lace project. I thought this would be a good introduction to lace. Clues doled out in small pieces once a week is a little less daunting than looking at the expanse of a large and complicated lace chart. So far, so good.

The Log Cabin baby blanket is also coming along. It doesn't look a lot different from last week's picture, so I didn't bother to snap one this time.

The only other project I have going right now is the Jaywalker socks. They're on hold for now while I concentrate on the blanket and the lace.



P.S. Anyone watching "Pushing Daisies"? It's one of the new shows this season. It's amusing. Anyway, on this week's show, the character played by Chi McBride is a knitter. He knits on camera, "stocking stitch" as described by the narrator. It doesn't look like he's actually knitting, but at least his hand movements were a little more believable than what I've seen on tv before. He made gun cosies for his hand guns. How cool, and oddly disturbing, is that?


P.P.S. I got my Ravelry invite today! I'm a bit overwhelmed at the whole thing, so I haven't done much in there yet. My name there is Beverly (oooo, how imaginative).

3 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

My husband noticed the knitting first, "Jo! Come here and look!" The sweater vest and gun cozies were nice ;)

8:11 AM  
Blogger Georgiann said...

And he saved them all with his needles!
Secret stole and kitty are gorgeous -- you're doing great with your first lace!

8:28 AM  
Blogger Mag said...

Goodness, what a sweet faced cat!
Hey, nice lace too. ;-)

3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home