25 September 2007

The inside of my most important appendage

Blogstalking mission #2: Show us your guts baby! Your purse guts, that is.

I love this assignment. Not so much because I wish anyone to see what I carry around all the time, but I love seeing what other people have in their purses. I'm nosy that way. On just about every first date I've been on, if the date is going well, I ask the boy if I can look through his wallet. Women don't usually take too kindly to my curiosity, but most guys don't have a problem with it.

So, here's my purse.

purse outside

It's a Chaps purse from Kohl's. It's much smaller than what I usually carry, which was the main deciding factor for this one. Prior to purchasing this purse I had carried a gargantuan Seatbelt Bag for a year. My right shoulder needed the break.

Open up my little companion and this is what you'll see.

purse inside view

It is so much messier in there than I usually let it get. I hate a messy purse. If I have to dig for anything, I just lose my patience.

purse guts

What is all that crap?
* wallet
* checkbook
* phone
* lipstick and matching lip gloss (neither of which I wear - they were purchased for my wedding a year and a half ago; not sure why I carry them around)
* 3 types of lip balm - one in a jar, one in a twist-up tube, and one in a squeezy tube
* 2 pens (one of which is the signature pen of people in my job at my company - purple Pilot - all of the MEs have to use them)
* misc. coupons and receipts
* misc. loyalty cards that don't fit in my wallet from area restaurants and retailers
* Anacin packets from my business trip to Atlanta in July
* envelope containing coupons that I clip but then forget to use because they are hidden away in the envelope
* eye drops (though I haven't warn my contacts in months)
* little keys on safety pin that go to a tiny pad lock for a suitcase, back when you were still allowed to lock your suitcases
* flash drive
* stamps
* gas-x
* car insurance cards that I can never remember to put in my wallet
* pay stub
* 2 gum wrappers
* a Runza receipt that has the name of a song on the back of it. I heard the song on the satellite radio in the car, on the 80s channel, that I hadn't heard in ages and wanted to remember it. (in case you're wondering: Giant, "I'll See You in My Dreams" - yeah, I'm a hopeless 80s addict)
* empty brown envelope
* comb
* zippered pouch containing a nail file, antibacterial wipe, hand cream, and a mirror compact
* pill box

Now, about that pill box.

pill box ant
i wonder if lisa remembers this?

When I was in 7th grade, a kid in my English class brought a bag of plastic ants to school at Halloween. I took one of them, named it Delores, and put it in the little metal Anacin pill box I had at the time. About 7 years ago, my grandma gave me this Tupperware pill box, and I transferred little Delores to it. I guess that means I've been carrying that plastic ant for 20 years.

Wow. Crazy much?

8 Comments:

Blogger cpurl17 said...

Hee! Your purse commentary cracked me up. I have a little Tupperware pill container too! And coupons I forget to use--at least yours actually make it to your purse.

8:44 PM  
Blogger Soo said...

How do you manage to fit all of that inside that little purse??? It's like a Mary Poppins bag!

6:20 AM  
Blogger Annie said...

Great post! You cram about as much into a bag as I do, well done!

8:17 AM  
Blogger TechGirl said...

omg, you still have that ant. You're a really nutty bar.

I thought of you the other day while listening to World Leader Pretend. :)

Oh..if your phone has a notepad application on it, it's REALLY handy for when you hear something on the satellite radio that you want to download later. I do that all the time!

9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I'm stunned at how much you can fit in that purse!!
I think your plastic and and my plastic baby should be friends.

12:00 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

It never ceases to amaze me how much we can all pack into our purses. Yours is impressive - you've got skeelz!

12:24 PM  
Blogger lisa said...

i love your a(u?)nt delores!!!

i think she was in my mom's dishwasher once?

8:55 AM  
Blogger kemtee said...

Ok, I'm cracking up. I feel so much better about my coupon habit. I clip 'em, pile 'em up, and promptly forget to take them to the store with me.

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home