22 September 2007

Ball band dishcloths

It's been a week since I finished the Ball Band Dishcloths, but this is the first chance I've had to post about them.

finished dishcloths091507

Pattern: Ball Band Dishcloth from Mason-Dixon Knitting (also available on the back of the Peaches 'n Cream ball band).
Yarn: Peaches 'n Cream, 4 balls, in 4 different colors, the names of which I cannot remember.
Needles: 24" circular size US 8
Started: 9/4/07
Finished: 9/15/07
Modifications: None. I don't think. After I had the pattern memorized, I didn't go back to it to see how many pattern repeats I was supposed to do, so I'm not sure if I have the length the same as suggested in the pattern. I did 7 repeats in each one and was able to get 4 cloths out of 4 balls, with enough leftover for maybe one more.
Notes: This is a pattern that haunted me. I've had the Mason-Dixon Knitting book for over a year, but I have never thought much about the dishcloth pattern, as I don't use dishcloths, and I'm not really partial to knitting with cotton. Then one day I was looking through the book for the baby kimono pattern, and I saw the dishcloth pattern again. For the next couple of weeks I could not get the stupid thing out of my head. I think I may have even dreamed about it. So, I did what I do whenever this sort of thing happens - I bought some yarn and got it out of my system. Good thing mom's birthday was coming up. Gave them to her last weekend. She seemed to like them. We'll see if she actually uses them.

1 Comments:

Blogger TechGirl said...

Those are pretty. :)

6:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home