30 August 2007

Another FO - Ribbed Lace Socks

As you may have noticed on the sidebar, I finished the Ribbed Lace socks a couple of days ago.

Ribbed lace1

I would have posted about them sooner but I didn't get a chance to take pictures until this evening. The days are getting shorter, which means that there is less natural light in my living room after work than there was just a few weeks ago.

Ribbed lace4

Love that Eye of Partridge heel. Problem with it is that I had a horrible time remembering which knit row I was on: starting either K1, Sl 1 or Sl 1, K1. I'm horrible at counting rows as I go, which probably would have helped in keeping track, so I ended up having to tink back a couple of stitches at the end of each purl row in order to figure out what I had done on the last knit row. I really should use a row counter (I have probably 5 different ones that never see the light of day).

Just the facts, ma'am...
Pattern:
Ribbed Lace from Sensational Knitted Socks;
worked toe-up;
Deb Barnhill's Diamante sock heel flap construction with an Eye of Partridge stitch on the flap;
2x2 ribbed cuff;
sewn bing-off
Yarn: Koigu of a color number that I don't remember
Needles: size US 1, 32" Addi circular
Started: 6/29/07
Finished: 8/28/07
Notes: The ribbed lace pattern stitch is an 8 stitch pattern. With a gauge of 8.5-9 stitches per inch, I needed a final stitch count of 72, so I added 2 extra knit stitches at the beginning and end of the stitches on each needle, for a total of 8 extra stitches. This ensured that the pattern stayed centered the way I wanted it. In the end, I liked the way it looked...

Ribbed lace3

The narrow band of stockinette lines up perfectly with the point at the top of the gusset.

Ribbed lace2

I liked this pattern. It was a few too many rows for my scattered brain to memorize, but not so long that I lost my place easily. It's lacy without being too holey, and the stitches flow nicely through the pattern.

Oh, and it probably goes without saying, but I love the yarn. Super yummy! And the color reminds me of a Monet painting.

2 Comments:

Blogger TechGirl said...

My birthday is coming up. :)

1:20 AM  
Blogger Soo said...

I love the yarn and the pattern.

I laughed at your comment on having lots of row counters but not using them. I suffer from a very strong belief that I will 'remember' these things. I never do, but this seems to do nothing to dent my belief that I'll remember next time. Sigh.

6:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home