08 August 2007

What's on your needles, gal?

Time for another weekly update on my current projects. I'm really liking this weekly progress report. I like being able to quantify my progress--makes me feel like I'm getting something done (and now I have even more motivation to post, thanks to Miss Lime and Miss Violet).

First up, the Lady E. I have 24 of the 35 tiers of rectangles finished. It's coming along, and I'm hoping that I'll have it finished before we go to Colorado on the 31st.

Lady E 080707

The more I work on it, the more I want one for myself. I already have 3 skeins of Patons SWS in Natural Earth that until now I didn't know to do with. Definitely going to use it for a Lady E. for me.

Next, I have started a new project.

Laptop cover

I have ordered a new laptop (more on that another day) and I want a sleeve for it. I already have a bag to carry it in when I have to take it with me outside the home, but I want something to put it in that will protect it from scratches and keep it neat when not in use. I did a bit of searching on the web for an already written pattern, but nothing was really striking me. I've come up with a pattern that I'm hoping will come out the way it looks in my [often cluttered] mind. It's striped, and will have a flap closure and a pocket on the front to hold the power cord. The design is pretty simple--I'm just a little worried that when I felt it, it will shrink too much. I swatched and felted the swatch, so I think I can predict how much it will shrink. Felting is one of those things that sometimes has unpredictable results, so I'm just going to have to be patient and cross my fingers.

The Ribbed Lace socks are still in my knitting bag, untouched for 3 weeks. There's no deadline on them, so I'm not too worried about working on them. I'll get around to picking them up again in a while.

I finally took a picture of the mystery wash cloth (dish cloth, whatever).

Wash cloth

Can you tell what the design is? It's a buffalo with the name "Kansas" underneath it. A bit cheesy, I know, but I'm hoping the recipient likes it. I'll blog about it after I give it to him/her.

ETA: Forgot to mention the Celtic Knot Afghan. I've worked another 1/2 repeat since last week. It's slow-going. Not sure if I'll have it done by the beginning of October, but I'm not sweating it.

---

Shane, Brady, and I stopped at Wells Overlook last Saturday after dinner and I took a few pictures of Lawrence with my cell phone.

Wells Overlook5 082007

Not too bad for a camera phone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home