24 October 2007

Miscellaney

BB made the honor roll! This is pretty big accomplishment. This time last year, he was struggling to get by. I really started to worry that maybe he wasn't very smart (I know, that's a horrible thing to say about your stepchild).

Brady honor roll 101707

This is an awful picture of Shane and BB, but this is what happens any time Shane is responsible for picture taking. The ceremony where BB got his honor roll certificate was at 9am last Thursday, and I couldn't leave work to go. This is the only picture he got. Anyway, we're quite proud of the squirt.

---

Bina had an interesting little meme that I thought I would steal: Copy the fifth sentence of page 161 in whatever book you're reading.

"Indeed, one or both parents (usually wearing bathing suits) will take the child into the water." --Choosing a Jewish Life: A Handbook for People Converting to Judaism and for Their Families by Anita Diamant. It refers to part of the conversion ceremony for a child converting to Judaism.

---

And, knitting. I am 8 rows away from being finished with the baby blanket. I will post pics and details after it is washed and ready to give.

Still no progress on the Secret of the Stole or the Jaywalkers.

I did start a new project though. The woven trellis scarf from the Holiday '06 issue of Vogue Knitting.

scarf

I'm using black Andean Silk. I love this yarn. But I HATE double-pointed needles. Now I know why I didn't get into sock knitting until learning magic loop. DPNs are so awkward for me. The scarf consists of 6 knitted tubes that are woven to create the pattern. After doing the base garter rounds, I will be magic-looping the tubes.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mag said...

That yarn is so lovely. (I like black and silk, a lot ;-)

It's so weird to hear how much peeps hate dpns. I've used them so much they are just like an extension of my own hands. Admittedly, not all dpns are created equal. Spare me any metal dpns! Be gone! ;)

4:46 PM  
Blogger Dame Wendy said...

The yarn looks squishtastic!

Where did you learn magic loop? I've been working with 2 circs for socks but would love to learn magic loop. :)

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home