28 October 2007

A Typical Friday

My alarm goes off at 6:45am. I hit the snooze until 7:45, and then don’t actually get out of bed until 8:00, sometimes a little later. From there, it’s a rush to shower and dress, pack breakfast and lunch, and get my ass to work. I’m usually in the car by 8:45, and at work a few minutes before 9:00.

First thing I do when I get to work is check email, after which I make coffee. I have a coffee pot in my office because I can never get up early enough to make coffee at home to bring with me. I seem to be the only person in my part of the building who has an addiction to coffee as extreme as mine because I’m the only one with my own pot.

On Friday, I spent most of the day reading proofs for the December issue of one of my journals. After finishing the reading and marking corrections, I made photocopies of the pages that need to be picked up from the previous issue, numbered the pages, inserted the proofs for the cover of the issue, and took it down to customer service to put into production. Sometime around noon I heated up my Lean Cuisine lunch (yawn), and ate at my desk. This is what I usually do for lunch because I can’t be bothered to go out unless the girls convince me to. Staying at my desk means going home an hour earlier than if I go out, so there’s added motivation to work through lunch.

The last couple of weeks have been really busy with getting several of my journal issues together, so on a Friday afternoon I was too tired to do much else than read blogs and catch up on the knittyboard. I even spent a while in the office of a friend on the other side of the building, chatting and catching up. I left work a little after 4:00, went home and got Pete’s birthday present ready (his b-day was Friday).

We had dinner plans with my parents, grandma, Wendy and Pete. Shane had to go and pick up BB from his grandmother’s house, so they met us at the restaurant. As usual, I was late getting to the restaurant because the drive across town during our version of “rush hour” takes FOREVER. I really need to start leaving earlier if I’m going to get anywhere on time.

After dinner, Shane and BB drove home in the truck and I drove home separately in my car. Then an evening of tv watching and knitting. I was in bed a little after 11pm.

Exciting day, huh?

1 Comments:

Blogger cpurl17 said...

Sounds exciting to me! I have to have coffee first thing in the morning or else I'd never be able to leave the house.

8:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home