02 November 2007

Trick-or-treat, smell my feet...

Shane I took BB trick-or-treating Wednesday night and a good time was had by all. For the 3rd year in a row we went over to Wendy and Pete’s and walked around their neighborhood. Our neighborhood is not safe enough for children to walk around at night, not even with their parents (registered sex offender lives 2 doors down. seriously.).

Brady & Shane3 103107

Wendy and Pete stayed home while Shane and I walked around with BB. He had a blast! The weather cooperated—clear skies and not too cold. BB’s costume was scary enough that a couple of small children refused to get near him. He loved that!

Next year, I think I may try to dress up. My soon-to-arrive niece will be 10 months old by then, so I’m hoping we can get Kevin and Christy to bring her over to Wendy’s to walk around with us. We’ll just make this a big family affair.

Oh, and I saw this on my way to the grocery store the other day:

fall
please excuse the crappy camera phone pic

The color of the leaves took my breath away. It is so bright, it almost glows. Summer here was so hot and dry that many of the trees just dropped dead leaves, skipping the gorgeous color that we usually have here. I was quite pleased to see this lovely.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

I think the pic is great considering it was taking with a cell phone!

6:26 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

I love that photo--it's such a treat to see something so beautiful in the middle of an otherwise regular day.

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home