07 November 2007

A WiP for your Wednesday

I started Cozy a couple of days ago. I have to say that I'm really liking this pattern. It's a fairly simple pattern, but it's keeping my interest.

cozy 110607

The first time I tried it with this yarn, I used size 8 needles. I didn't like the way it was looking after about 5 rows. So, this time, I switched to size 10.5 needles and I am much happier with the results. My general gauge rule is to go up 2 needles sizes from that recommended in the pattern, to compensate for my tight knitting, but I didn't have a size 10 on hand. The 10.5 is working quite nicely. I don't figure at such a large gauge that 1/2 a size will make much difference, especially with a flat garment.

Now that I've knitted 5 or 6 pattern repeats, I can really see the pattern. You know how lace usually looks like a pile of hopelessly tangled string before it's blocked? Well this pattern starts out looking particularly blobby. I had to get through a few pattern repeats before it started looking like something.

Patience is not one of my strong traits.

3 Comments:

Blogger cpurl17 said...

It's pretty! What yarn are you using?

9:11 PM  
Blogger buttercup said...

I love the color! I tried to knit Cozy a while ago and it failed miserably. I may have to re-visit Cozy and add it to the queue.

2:20 PM  
Blogger Beverly said...

The yarn is Penguin Fleur De Laine, 100% wool. It was given to me by a friend who bought it in 1991 but never used it. I wasn't too thrilled about using it at first but it's growing on me.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home