16 January 2008

Weekly progress

Since finishing the Brother socks, I've worked quite a bit on my other WiPs.

First up is Candy.

candy 011608

I added another inch-and-a-half of stockinette to the upper part of the body, including the bust darts and waist shaping (bust dart is on the right, waist shaping on the left). I have no idea if the bust darts are going to work the way I envision them, but they sure look cool anyway. I have another 4 inches of stockinette before I can start on the sleeves.

Also, I started the Charlotte's Web shawl. Woohoo! Koigu!

Charlotte's Web 011608

I'm going on a business trip at the end of February, and I thought this shawl would be the perfect thing to liven up my otherwise dark and dull business attire (black pants/grey sweater, grey pants/black blouse). So I have until the last week of February to finish. I think I can do it.

Still haven't started the second Rotating Rib sock. It'll have to wait until I'm finished with the shawl.

6 Comments:

Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

The Charlotte's Web shawl will look beautiful in those colors!! Perfect to brighten up work clothes!

9:42 PM  
Blogger Georgiann said...

I think you and trillian have inspired me to start a Charlotte's Web -- maybe I will wait until you are done to reap all your wisdom!

9:06 AM  
Blogger Mag said...

Looking good!

4:42 PM  
Blogger Soo said...

Oooh - I'm loving that Koigu colour. And I'm off to check out this Charlotte's Web shawl!

9:51 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

I absolutely love the colors on the shawl!!!

9:19 PM  
Blogger Dame Wendy said...

Charlotte's web's colors are so PRETTY! :)

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home