04 January 2008

Mmmmmm Koigu

Yarn Barn's annual pre-inventory sale, the week after Christmas, gave me a perfect opportunity to buy yarn for all the projects I've had in mind for a while. I've been waiting for this sale for months so that I could finally buy some yarn for projects just for me. Me. ME!

So, here's some yarn pr0n for ya!

A project that I've had my eye on for a few months is the Charlotte's Web shawl. I wasn't that jazzed about it the first time I saw a picture of it, but after seeing a few more finished ones, I decided I had to have one. The fact that it uses Koigu is a bonus.

koigu2 123107

The colors are of course fabulous.

koigu3 123107
getting the hang of the new camera. hee hee!

I had the skeins all spread out on the floor of the shop so that I could better envision how they would look together. I lined them up, replaced one with another, then another, then another. I thought for a moment that I may have looked like a nut case. But really, it's a yarn shop. I'm sure they are used to weird knitter behavior around the yarn. I finally settled on this combination.

koigu5 123107

They're subtle without being washed out. I like that I have blues, reds, purples, greens, and pinks all represented. There's even a little yellow in there somewhere, but not a whole lot (yellow and me do not get along well). I'm very excited to start working on this shawl.

I tried getting the pattern at Yarn Barn while I was there, but they didn't have any in stock. I'm not patient enough to wait until they received another shipment, so I searched for an online shop from which I could order it. It took a bit of searching - many shops sell kits but not the pattern by itself. I finally found a copy that was even on sale. I ordered it so quickly that I didn't even pay attention to the shipping cost. Turns out that I paid more for shipping than for the pattern. Oh well. At least I have it now.

7 Comments:

Blogger Trillian42 said...

GORGEOUS color combo! And you'll love the pattern. I'm starting to consider making a third one for myself. :D

6:59 PM  
Blogger TechGirl said...

That's really pretty yarn. :)

7:17 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Oh - I love the colours you mixed together - all that sproingy goodness!

7:28 AM  
Blogger Mag said...

Excellent choices. It is going to be the most loverly thing!

10:28 AM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Koigu. Be still my heart.

5:38 PM  
Blogger Georgiann said...

Oh wow-- beautiful. Get busy, girl, I am anxious to see how those beautiful colors work together! And congratulations on your new niece -- what a beautiful baby! (Wasn't that beautiful how I used beautiful so much in this post?)

8:27 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

So pretty!! That is going to be gorgeous!! Love love love Koigu!

5:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home