01 January 2008

Welcome, Riley Jane

Meet the newest member of my family, Riley Jane.

123107
taken by sis Wendy a few hours after the birth

She was born to my brother Kevin and his wife Christy last night. She was a little less than 8 lbs and 21 inches.

Riley 010108
taken by me today (she didn't like the flash)

She is so pretty. You know how some babies are just not that cute until a couple of weeks after they're born? Not this one. She is so precious. So alert. Such big blue eyes. I shall call her Sug (as in sugar).

Riley is a first for our family - first grandchild. BB gave everyone a chance to get used to the idea of having kids around, but he's my stepson, so not a blood relative. Riley's birth marks the beginning of a new era for us. Kevin, at nearly 30, is the youngest of the three of us kids, and the first to have a child. This family of adult children has now been infiltrated by babies. Hopefully, we'll be blessed with a few more grandchildren in the family over the next few years.

I am proud Aunt Bevy.

5 Comments:

Blogger cpurl17 said...

She is just beautiful!

9:56 PM  
Blogger Eryn said...

She is beautiful! Absolutely stunning.

5:17 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

She's adorable!

10:25 AM  
Blogger Mag said...

Welcome to the human race little cutie pie!
Congrats Aunty Bev!

(What's more perfect than a New Year's eve baby?)

10:44 AM  
Blogger TechGirl said...

Spoken like a true aunt. :) Email me Kev's address so I can gift the little tyke.

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home