29 October 2008

I'm (not so) famous!

Two weeks ago today I was winging my way to Washington DC for business. I always make sure my iPod is full of new episodes of my favorite podcasts when I’m traveling. They are my preferred method of passing the time. On the flight to DC, I first listened to Answer Me This! (which, by the way, is the funniest freakin’ podcast ever), and then Stash and Burn. The topic of episode 63 was Socktober. Jenny and Nicole, the hosts, talked about knitting socks, things they like about it, things they hate, and whatnot.

One of the things that Nicole mentioned she didn’t like about knitting socks is swatching. I completely understand this, as I hate swatching of any kind, but particularly for socks. So, I went to the show’s website and commented with a tip about swatching: If you knit a sock toe-up, then the toe can serve as your swatch.

Today, I was on a plane to San Diego (again, for business), and turned on the latest episode of Stash and Burn (episode 64). And guess what? They read my comment on the show and discussed my tip! So if you listen to the episode and they mention Beverly – that’s me!

I feel so famous. Okay, not really, but it was pretty cool to hear my name on a podcast that I regularly listen to.

Yes, I'm a dork. So?

5 Comments:

Blogger Brena said...

:D I'm a dork too because I'm going to go download that episode and listen for your mention! Too cool!

7:35 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

So cool! As far as I'm concerned, that counts as famous.

1:30 PM  
Blogger kemtee said...

And we can say we knew you when…

7:31 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

That is SO cool!

11:07 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

I would feel famous too! Cool!!

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home