14 October 2008

Connected

Shane, BB, and I came home from dinner out last Friday to discover that our cable and internet was out. I called the cable company and they were unable to determine the problem remotely. They set me up for a "service call" which meant that a technician would call me sometime the next day and set up a time to come over. I waited at home all day Saturday and got no phone call. We had to go to my parents' house to watch the NASCAR race that night.

Figuring that since the cable company is closed on Sundays, we wouldn't hear from anyone until Monday, we rented a bunch of DVDs to watch Saturday night and Sunday. Then, to my surprise, a tech called us Sunday morning. Seems there was an outage on the other side of town on Saturday that tied up all of their techs for most of the day Saturday, so they were doing service calls on Sunday. A couple of hours later, and the cable and internet were back. Turns out that the cable that runs from the house to the power line out back was unplugged from the power line.

What a pathetic bunch of people we were without cable and internet. You don't realize how much time you spend watching tv or surfing the net until neither are there to entertain you. I pretty much decided that I could live without tv, but not the internet. It really sucked not being connected.

---

I'm off to DC this afternoon. I have a client meeting tomorrow morning. I'm glad this trip will be a quick one - I come home tomorrow evening. Then no more business trips until the end of the month. Yay. I can't remember a time when I've traveled so much for work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home