20 August 2008

What was I thinking?

I don't wear heels. My everyday wardrobe is not dressy enough for them. My feet can't handle them - I've been wearing Birkenstocks almost every day for so many years that my feet are ruined for any other shoes. Also, I can't walk in heels. No matter how hard I try to walk normally, they just don't feel natural to me. The last pair of heels I bought was for my wedding 2-1/2 years ago.

Until today...

new shoes

What could have possibly happened to make me decide to buy a pair of heels? It's this stupid business trip I have next week. Usually, when I travel for work, I don't bother wearing anything too business-y. Business casual is sufficient, especially if I'm visiting current clients.

But this time, I'm going along with some coworkers to give a presentation to a current client in an attempt to get them to sign a contract with us to do a lot more work for them. I thought more formal business wear was in order. Of course, because I never wear stuff like that normally, I had to go shopping last weekend. I ended up with some brown tweedy slacks with cuffs at the hem, a cream colored shell and a brown one-button sweater with elbow-length sleeves. That's about as business-y as I can stand. I figure if I add my pearls and some pearl earrings, then I'll be dressed up enough for the occasion.

Since slacks nowadays are made longer so that they can be worn with heels, I needed a pair to prevent the cuffs from dragging on the ground. A quick shopping trip after work today and I picked up the above shoes. The rounded toe feels better on my wide feet than pointier toes.

I am so going to hate myself on Wednesday. I predict much pain and swearing. If I'm lucky, I won't trip and fall on my face.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger TechGirl said...

Pointy heeled shoes are so not healthy for women's feet at all. Good choice on the rounded toes. :)

9:07 PM  
Blogger Brena said...

Oooh... those are cute heels! Your outfit sounds lovely. I recommend you bring some peppermint feet spray (you can find it at Target in the beauty section I think). When I was a waitress I used to spray it on when I came home and it was a welcome relief.

Good luck next week!

11:02 PM  
Blogger Trillian42 said...

SUPER cute shoes! I'm a Birks junkie, too, and I know what you mean about them ruining you for other shoes. :D

7:24 AM  
Blogger kemtee said...

But they're cute! And not so very high. You'll be fine.

8:56 AM  
Blogger weezalana said...

But they're so cute! The rounded toe should help. (I'm not a fan of the super pointy toes, they always make me burst out in the Wicked Witch of the West's theme song.)

11:02 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Oh, they are CUTE. I can't wear heels often because I'm 5'9" and already have enough altitude, but I love them. LOVE them.

And those will be perfect to show off bits of lacy hand-knitted socks once in a while...

6:03 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

I'm not one for wearing heels either - but I think the ones you picked are very cute.

7:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home