08 May 2008

RPM socks

Finally, I am posting some FO pictures of my RPM socks. I finished them almost 2 weeks ago, but I keep forgetting to post pictures.

So, here they are...

RPM socks2 042908

I'm very pleased with how these turned out. The colors in the yarn are hard to capture fully in photos, but they're just lovely. Purple, plum, electric blue, lime green, rusty orange - I must have stopped knitting a thousand time to admire the colors.

RPM socks4 042908

And they're so fuzzy! (In a good way.) The mohair content makes the yarn so silky to the touch, and left a lovely halo after washing.

RPM closeup 042908

Oh, did I mention that I used Mountain Colors Bearfoot? SO loving this yarn! This is a skein I purchased from Posh in Denver a couple of months ago. I have another skein in the stash that I bought last summer and I can't wait to get some more. Yarn Barn just started carrying it, and I nearly passed out when I saw the selection last time I was in there.

I altered the pattern a bit. As usual, I worked them toe-up. Because the yarn is a bit thicker than fingering, I only needed to increase the toe to 64 stitches instead of my usual 72. In order for the stitch count to come out right, I removed one knit stitch on each repeat of each row; so, I alternated 3 purls with 5 knits, rotating by one stitch on each row. I also made the rotation go in opposite directions between socks.

I worked a short-row heel and a 2x2 rib on the cuff.

RPM heel 042908
RPM cuff 042908

These fit perfectly. I love that about socks. I suck at getting sweaters to fit right, but socks? No problem at all!

Here's the deets...
Pattern: RPM from Knitty
Yarn: Mountain Colors Bearfoot in Elderberry
Needles: 40" size 1 Addi Turbo
Started: 3/21/08
Finished: 4/27/08
Mods: Worked toe-up, magic loop. Altered stitch count as explained above. 2x2 ribbed cuff.

RPM socks1 042908

Love 'em!

4 Comments:

Blogger Kate said...

Oh, pretty! I love those.

I have a pair of Pomatomus socks in Bearfoot yarn, a blue/purple colorway, whose color I loooooove but whose texture isn't quite right for Pomatomus. I do like how it looks in this more solid fabric... but I'm thinking I'll just cope as-is and buy different yarn, because the idea of ripping them out (again) doesn't sit so well in my head.

10:00 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Those turned out great! So pretty!

11:20 PM  
Blogger weezalana said...

Great job, they turned out lovely! I wish I could wear mohair. Sadly, just touching it makes me itch like mad. :(

11:07 AM  
Blogger kemtee said...

Lovin' the Bearfeet. One day I shall conquer that pattern!

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home