19 March 2008

A WiP post on Wednesday?!?

Yes, dear reader, I am actually posting my works in progress on a Wednesday. What?!?

After being laid up for 2 days with a bad back (thank you all for the well wishes - I'm feeling MUCH better) I came home from work today with more energy to get some stuff done than I usually have after a day at the office. I cleaned the kitchen, continued the laundry that I had started when the evil pain gremlins attacked my lower back, and took a couple of photos of where I am with a couple of projects. If this energetic streak continues, I may even wind some skeins of sock yarn for a few upcoming projects.

Anyway, here we have the Scroll Lace socks.

Scroll Lace 031908

I finished the first sock the weekend before last. I have about one pattern repeat and the cuff on this, the second sock, and then I'm finished with my March socks (for SAM 5).

The Flower Petal shawl is growing a little bit at a time.

Flower Petal bright 031908
this pic is a little weird, but I discovered that by adjusting the brightness, I could capture the texture of the stitches better - something so hard to do with black yarn... just promise you'll ignore the cat hair

I am on the last section before the border, but since each row is, like, 9 million stitches at this point, I figure I have a few more weeks before this one is finished. And besides, since the black dye makes my fingers a lovely "just finished reading the newspaper" grey, I'm not itching to work on it a lot.

As for Candy... well... I have proven to myself, once again, that I suck at knitting sweaters. I had the yoke nearly finished. Managed to get the sleeves seamed so that trying on the beast would be easier. Then I realized that it really was too small. And the bust darts looked a little funky.

It's off to the frog pond for this. Say a prayer for its little sweater soul.

Not to be defeated, I have decided to start over with this yarn and make a simple, top-down, raglan cardigan. I can handle that, right? Right?!? Guess we'll see.

8 Comments:

Blogger cpurl17 said...

I'm glad your back is on the mend! The petal shawl is amazing!

9:38 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

I absolutely love those scroll socks!! Almost done too!

1:29 AM  
Blogger Mag said...

Both WIPs look great! ( scroll socks? what scroll socks? Off to see the wizard of Rav ;-)

So happy you are better. Bad Back Pain, Bad.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Mag said...

Oh yeah! Bowerbird knits. I forget so quickly!

9:14 AM  
Blogger Jo said...

Cat hair? What cat hair? ;)

8:55 PM  
Blogger TechGirl said...

Those socks are pretty!

11:26 PM  
Blogger Dame Wendy said...

Oh no! I'm sorry I'm so late to say so but I hope you're back is feeling better!! Back pain is just the worst. The socks look awesome. :)

10:17 PM  
Blogger kemtee said...

Socks look fab.

Join with me: "I'm swearing off sweaters. I'm swearing off sweaters. I'm swearing off…"

Oh hell. I was just swearing. You're welcome to join in. Especially given the back issue.

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home