14 February 2008

I luv my Valentine

We had a pretty good Valentine's here. Shane sent me a bouquet of red roses and a little stuffed animal to work yesterday. He was a little annoyed that the florist delivered them yesterday instead of today, but I was happy. Very cheesy, I know, but he loves Valentine's Day and loves to send me flowers. Who am I to argue? ;)

Tonight we tried to eat at one of the local Italian restaurants. Shane called last Friday and made a reservation. He even called this afternoon to confirm. But when we arrived, they took our name and told us that it would be an hour and 40 minute wait. Shane said that he had made reservations, but that didn't matter. A woman standing behind us said that they had done the same thing to her. They're just lucky that we were in a good mood. I cussed out loud a little and then we left. We ended up at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants and had a lovely meal together.

Shane and I decided not to give each other Christmas gifts at Christmas. Because of the other holiday expenses, we decided to wait until Valentine's to give each other gifts. So after dinner we had Christmas/Valentine's. I got him a PlayStation 3, which he's been hinting about since last summer. He got me an iPod Classic. I have an iPod now that I absolutely could not live without. But, it's 3 years old. It has a black and white screen - I can't even watch videos on it. I've been debating about getting a new one, but the old one works just fine. Leave it to Shane to spoil me. And get this: it has a 160GB memory. I didn't even know they made them that large. My old one has 40GB and I have it nearly filled. I'm so excited to get it working this weekend.

Valentine's 08

Oh, and BB won me a bear at the arcade yesterday. He's so sweet. The bear is modeling the 2nd baby hat, which I finished Tuesday night. One more to go and then I'll send them off to Hats for Alex.

7 Comments:

Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Awwww....sounds like you have a fabulous Valentine there!! What a great Valentine's Day!!

11:43 PM  
Blogger Brena said...

That sounds like a wonderful Valentine's Day!

You'll have to let me know how the new iPod classic works out. I have the old 40 gb one as well. I love it, but I'm dying for a color screen.

9:15 AM  
Blogger Mag said...

Totally Sweet! I love the Christmas of Love idea! That one should catch on with everybody.

9:33 AM  
Blogger Eryn said...

Oh, he is so sweet! I'm glad you've been spoiled!

6:36 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

LOVEly Valentine's Day!

1:18 AM  
Blogger Speckel said...

That bear is too cute.

9:20 PM  
Blogger Holly said...

Sounds like a lovely Valentine's Day. I'm glad you didn't let the annoyance at the restaurant get you down. Oh, and I totally have ipod envy now! I also have one that is three years old and b/w, no videos. But, it does work! Have fun getting it all set up!

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home