11 February 2008

Blah, it's a Monday FO post

I realized over the weekend that I haven't posted any WiP pictures in a couple of weeks. And now one of those WiPs has become an FO.

Behold Ms. Charlotte in all her unblocked, a little blurry, and color-inacurate glory.

Charlotte's web 021208

I finished this a week and a half ago. It's been sitting around while I procrastinate on the crocheted edging. I don't like fringe, so I knew I wasn't going to do the fringe called for in the pattern. What else to do? After letting it marinate for a while, I decided I liked the cast-off edging as is. I did a pretty good and even job of it. So I'm not going to do any other edging. Which means that it's officially finished. Now all I have to do is block it. That requires blocking wires, which I don't have. I'm still thinking about an alternative. I'll post some modeled shots after blocking.

Yesterday, in my attempt to procrastinate on knitting Candy, I started and finished a baby hat for Hats for Alex, modeled here by Little Miss Gunky Eyes.

baby hat 021208

I'm really surprised she sat there so long with that thing on her head. I'll have to sleep with one eye open tonight, as I'm sure she'll exact her revenge one way or another.

12 Comments:

Blogger Mag said...

Look at that face on that cat! I'd lock my bedroom door tonight if I were you! :-)

Love the shawl! Another beautiful creation.

8:08 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Can't wait to see the shawl in it's blocked glory!

And that kitty expression? You are a far braver woman than I.

10:46 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Somewhere I read for straight edges you can use thread in place of blocking wires or pins. I did that with my scarf. I found it fiddly and hard to tie off evenly, but it was better than thousands of pins. I don't know if I'd want to do it on a shawl though. (see how helpful I am? :P)

It looks really lovely!

2:28 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Willow and I laughed at loud at the kitty pic! And the shawl looks so beautiful.

4:05 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

Love love love Little Miss Gunky Eyes (oh, I have to save that name for the doggies!!). That face is priceless...but what a great model!

Awesome job on the shawl!

4:45 PM  
Blogger Dame Wendy said...

AWWWWWW kitty! The shawl looks great! :)

10:08 PM  
Blogger Two Cables and a Frapp said...

The shawl is wonderful. It looks so cozy. That hat on the cat, too funny !!!

5:50 PM  
Blogger buttercup said...

Cats are such great reluctant models!

Love your shawl! I did a crocheted edge on my CW - no fringe for me either - and I like the way it came out.

I block my shawls with stainless steel pins. It works OK till I break down and buy wires.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Norm Deplume said...

Cats in hats make me giggle. "Sorry kitty, I'm not laughing at you, just at your situation. "

9:05 AM  
Blogger Kate said...

Accurate or no, I love the colors... maybe you could use floral wire for blocking instead? Just trying to think what I would use in my tiny little LYS-less town if I had to...

Thanks for the visit... and good luck to you, too!

1:04 PM  
Blogger Eryn said...

Oh - she is soo mad! lol

The shawl is lovely! I can't wait to see it modeled.

5:28 PM  
Blogger fleegle said...

How on EARTH did you get the hat on the cat? My cat would leave skid marks all over my body if I tried that! Fabulous picture!

Lovely shawl, too :)

And thanks for the compliments on my afghan. If if gets ruined, I can knit another one!

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home