05 February 2008

Happy Birthday Pee Wee!

Today my little brother turned 30. We had a Mardi Gras-themed party at mom and dad's.

Kevin & Riley 020508
proud daddy!

I gave him the Brother Socks (hence the name). He was pretty impressed. The other pairs I've given him were made with worsted weight on size 6s. These were more like what I've made for myself, with thinner yarn and much smaller needles. I don't think he knew that such tiny stitches could be made by hand. Just imagine his wonder when I showed him the sock I was working on - on size 0s.

This is the first time I've seen my dad hold a baby.

Dad & Riley 020508

Looks pretty natural. I guess all of us kids were babies at one time. Now we're all getting older.

Kevin turning 30 really makes me feel old. He'll always be Pee Wee to me - my baby brother. At times my best friend and my worst enemy. There is no one in this world who makes me angrier than he or makes me laugh as hard. Ours has always been a complicated relationship, but at the root there is love.

Happy Birthday Pee Wee!

8 Comments:

Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

You should have told me...you know I have tons of beads from the mardi gras parade!! Hope the party was fun!!

And how cute is that baby!!!!!!

12:19 AM  
Blogger Dame Wendy said...

So beautiful!

12:44 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

Such a beautiful baby.

Your brother does not look 30.

7:35 AM  
Blogger Mag said...

Gosh, I feel old. Your brother looks so young and your Dad reminds me of my own gen.

argh. Happy BD Bro!

11:39 AM  
Blogger Holly said...

What a lovely baby! And Happy Birthday to your brother! I found it interesting to see my dad hold my daughter the first time, too.

10:38 AM  
Blogger TechGirl said...

I ran into Kelley at Laura's baby shower and she said she heard that Kev had a baby. I pulled out my cell phone. She said "oh, don't tell me you have a picture on your cell phone". I said "of course I do, he's like my little brother!" and then I showed Riley off to her, Joyce (Hutton), Denise (Woodward), Diane, Laura, and Mom.

Your daddy never changes!

10:49 PM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

Boy, I sure feel old--your brother looks like a baby holding a baby! Looks like you had a great party!

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't it strange how your younger siblings will always be young? My two little sisters, despite them growing up, will always be 8 and 15 in my mind. Much to their chagrin I suspect.

By the way, that's quite a cunning hat on your father.

6:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home