05 March 2008

I broked it

A couple of months ago, I bought one 32" size 1.5 Knit Picks Harmony needle because I needed a few more dollars in my last order to get free shipping. I don't like knitting with wood, but everyone who used them said they were so slick, I thought I'd try them. The scroll lace socks is the first project I've tried with them. I kinda like them. Not better than my Addis, but okay.

I managed to get through the heel on the first scroll lace sock, and then, uh oh...

broken needle2

I stepped on one end. Oops. So I went back to using my trusty Addis.

The scroll lace socks are coming along. I think they're going to be a smidge too big, but I'm not too bothered by that. Maybe they'll shrink a little after washing.

scroll lace 030508

I otherwise like the way it's turning out. The stitch pattern is really easy to memorize. Not liking the yarn so much though. It's Knit Picks Essentials, and though it's pretty soft, it's already fuzzing up a bit. I'm really hoping that pilling isn't too much of a problem. I hate having to shave my socks. Hell, I hate shaving my legs, why would I want to shave my socks too?

The other thing I'm working on regularly is the the Flower Petal Shawl.

flower petal shawl 030508

Sorry for the crapass picture. Photographing black is impossible. The yarn is Knit Picks (is there a theme here?) Andean Silk. I bought the yarn for a scarf but changed my mind. Digging around on Ravelry I discovered this shawl. I think the black will work well because the shawl has very little lace, an attribute that would be lost in black yarn.

Candy is still in the time-out chair. I may try to finish it up by the end of the month. Or maybe not.

4 Comments:

Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

I absolutely love the scroll pattern on those socks. Gorgeous!

Sad day for the needles :(

12:26 AM  
Blogger Brena said...

Ah! I wish I could've warned you! I used Knitpicks Essential to make Michael a pair of toe socks and it's piling like crazy.

8:42 AM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I really like the scroll patter on the socks! Its really nice and texturey.

9:09 AM  
Blogger Mag said...

I can't use wood needles at all, of any size. The lack of humidity here makes them snap with little or no provocation. It's either metal or bamboo for moi. I prefer bamboo.
The socks are turning out fantastic!

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home