16 April 2008

Too much on the needles

I'm a bad blogger. I promised WiP pictures in my next post, which was supposed to happen last Saturday. Then the weather got crappy, and you know, when the sun doesn't shine, I go into hibernation mode and that part of my personality that is a big procrastinator takes over. So here it is 4 days later and I finally was able to take some pictures. So, here we go...

First up are the RPM socks.

RPM 041608

The first one is finished (the one that took me only 10 days--woohoo!). I haven't been able to work on the second one much in the last couple of weeks because of the next WiP.

The Moss Grid Hand Towels from Mason Dixing Knitting.

hand towels1 041608

I'm making 3 of these as a wedding gift for a friend: a red one, a yellow one, and a white one. I'm finished with the yellow one and have started the red one. The wedding is 3 May, and I'm not sure I'm going to make it. Because...

I started this thing Monday night:

wedding purse 041608

It's a little beaded drawstring purse for the same friend that is getting married. I received an invitation to her bridal shower and knew I had to whip up a quick and pretty gift for her. My goal is to have it finished by the end of the week. I have the lace edging finished and have strung the beads. The rest is straight stockinette, so it shouldn't take but a few hours to complete.

The other 2 things on my WiP list have no pictures this time. The Flower Petal shawl hasn't progressed recently because of my rush to get the aforementioned wedding gifts finished. And, I tried taking pictures of the Five Alarm Bag, but my camera and the lighting in my bedroom didn't cooperate. Maybe next week I'll get better pictures.

So I have way too many projects going on right now. I'm feeling a little scattered. I really need to get those wedding gifts finished so I can get back to my regularly scheduled knitting program. I figured out today that if I knit 2 of the 14 row pattern repeats a day, I can get the towels done in time to wash and block them before the wedding. Then I realized that by doing so, I wouldn't be able to finish the RPM socks in time for them to be my April socks for SAM5. So I'm not going to stress over the towels. I'll just mail them to the recipient when they're finished. I'd rather be able to finish my April socks.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lauren said...

Gotta have your knitting priorities! Nothing wrong with mailing the towels when you finish them.

The beads on the yarn look really pretty. The bag will be great!

8:12 AM  
Blogger Brena said...

All the wedding websites that I have been persuing lately say that you have up to a year to send a gift. Thank goodness because we still haven't gotten Michael's sister a wedding present and that happened in October.

I'm really eager to work with the CotLin now, it looks great knitted up!

I can't wait to see how the bridal purse turns out, I love the beads you're using!

8:46 AM  
Blogger cpurl17 said...

The purse is going to be beautiful!! Can't wait to see the FO photo!

2:24 PM  
Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

The purse is going to be so pretty...and so thoughtful!! I'm sure you'll get it done in time!

1:39 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

Thanks for sharing, they're beautiful!

We bought a wedding etiquette book when we were getting married because I'm clueless. It said that you have a year to get a wedding gift to someone... except if the gift is intended for the wedding itself, I guess. But I love the beads, they're so pretty, so I'd ask you to please hurry up and show us the FO... not that this is selfish or anything. : )

9:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home