12 November 2008

WiP Wednesday

It's been quite a while since I did a WiP post. Since the last time, I started and finished a secret project, started and finished a not-so-secret project that is currently blocking (pictures forthcoming), and started three other projects.

First up is the February Lady Sweater. Yes, I have hopped on the ever-widening bandwagon.

FLS in progress

I haven't had the best luck at sweater knitting in the past, but when I saw this pattern, it looked easy enough that I thought it would be a good way to "start over from scratch" in the sweater knitting department. Top down so I can try it on as I go? Cool. No seaming? Awesome. And as icing on the cake, I actually got gauge! I almost never get gauge in any project.

Next is a sock for Socks for Soldiers.

SFS sock

I joined this organization this time last year, and have had the yarn to knit the socks for almost as long. It's been a busy knitting year, and I just didn't get around to starting my first pair until a few weeks ago. I am planning a much longer post on my somewhat frustrating experience with this whole Socks for Soldiers thing, but I want to get a few pairs under my belt first.

And, yes, those are dpns. For my first pair, I wanted to knit them exactly to pattern, which meant using dpns instead of my preferred magic loop.

Lastly (for the active WiPs anyway - we won't talk about the hibernating ones), I am making one of these for a friend.

kitty

Most normal people could finish a small stuffed animal in a few hours. Not me. I'm just hoping to have it finished in a couple of weeks.

So there you have it - the stuff I'm working on right now. Next week I may have a new WiP for you, as I am getting ready to start a baby blanket for my cousin.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger IrishGirlieKnits said...

What a gorgeous color for the February Lady Sweater!! I love that pattern!

10:41 PM  
Blogger Brena said...

Your stuffy is going to be so cute! I think that the Feb. Lady Sweater is a great idea for a first sweater. And it's so flattering! That color will go with a lot too.

9:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agreed, the FLS color is gorgeous. And the cat pattern has been appropriately queued, too cute!

7:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll love the February Lady Sweater - I've just finished TWO!

9:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home