17 March 2007

Spring and socks

daffodils

It's spring in Kansas. Seems like winter just arrived a few weeks ago, and now it's coming to an end. We had more snow this year than last, but still nothing compared to what it was like when I was in high school. Global warming, I guess.

I finished another pair of socks (that I can't wear now because it's too warm).

diamante socks side

Pattern: Diamante from Knitty

Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Sock, in Vera (a gift from my Secret Pal)

Modifications: None, except that I worked them with Magic Loop--my first pair done with this method

diamante socks top

I liked working with this yarn. It's much softer than Opal. The stripes came out nicely--not too stripe-y, which is what I prefer. There was a bit of pooling around the heels and gusset, but I'm sure that's because of the change in the number of stitches. In hindsight, this is probably not the best yarn for this pattern, as it's hard to see the stitches. However, it was nice to be able to practice Magic Loop and working socks toe-up, so I don't mind that the pattern isn't really visible. The colors are fab. This picture is blurry, but shows the colors much better.

diamante socks color

---

I have been working like a dog lately, which is why I haven't posted in a little while. I have an issue makeup due on Wednesday, as well as several other revisions to process before then, so things won't be letting up at all until the end of the week. Next weekend is for resting, that's for sure. I went into work for about 3-1/2 hours today and will probably do some more work from home tomorrow morning.

The weird thing about this increase in my workload is that it doesn't really bother me. There was a time when working this sort of overtime really bothered me because I hated my job. But now that I'm doing something that I love, I really don't mind the overtime. Sure, I'm tired, and the insomnia that the stress has caused means that I have to start taking Ambien again. But it's a good stress.

1 Comments:

Blogger TechGirl said...

What sexy feet you have. ;)

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home