14 February 2007

Soundtrack of my life

Got this little meme from Cere-Knitty. I just happened to be listening to Ye Olde iPod on shuffle when I stumbled upon this, so it seemed fitting to play the game.

Directions:
If your life was a movie, what would the soundtrack be?

1. Open your mp3 library
2. Put it on shuffle.
3. Press Play.
4. For every question, type the song that's playing.
5. When you go to a new question, press the Next button.
6. Don't lie and try to pretend you're cool.
7. Don't skip songs. (Unless they happen to be podcasts/foreign/downright perverted and you don't want your sister to think you're some sort of dirty whore.)

My Movie:

1. Opening credits: Kyrie – Mr. Mister

2. Waking up: Where the Streets Have No Name – U2

3. First day of school: Two Souls – Howard Jones

4. Fight song: Other Voices – The Cure

5. Breaking up: Zither - REM

6. Happiness: It Doesn’t Matter – Alison Krauss & Union Station (definitely NOT a happy song; this one should have been #5)

7. Life's okay: No Way Out – Stone Temple Pilots

8. Mental breakdown: When You Come Back Down – Nickel Creek

9. Driving: Don’t Stop – Madonna

10. Flashback: Mickey – Toni Basil (bad flashback)

11. Getting back together: Leave Me the Radio – Doug Stone

12. Wedding song: Let’s Go to Bed – The Cure (hee hee)

13. Birth of first child: Crooked Halo – Candlebox

14. Final battle scene: Don’t Bring Me Down - ELO

15. Death scene: Ask for Answers – Placebo

16. Funeral song: Perfect Love…Gone Wrong – Sting

17. End credits: Smuggler’s Blues – Glenn Fry (what?!?)


What does this all say about me? I have an unhealthy affection for the 80s and 90s. Funny thing is that of all these songs, there are 9 that I’ve never heard before. In the days before iTunes and its offering of individual songs for purchase, I used to buy CDs just for one song. There are probably more CDs in my collection that I’ve never listened to in their entirety than there are ones for which I know all the songs.

1 Comments:

Blogger TechGirl said...

Before the days of AllTunes.Com, I followed the Three Song Rule when it came to buying cds. There had to be at least 3 singles that I liked before I'd buy one. Now I just download the individual songs. Then if there are three, I'll d/l the rest of the album :)

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home