24 January 2007

Samus progress

I'm nearly finished with my pink Samus. My plan is to have it finished by the first weekend in February. I finished the second sleeve last night and blocked it after George W. finished blowing hot air.

See? Knitting away on the sleeve.
P1150001
Abbey is tuckered out from helping.

I noticed a mistake in the cabling. Can you find it?
P1150007
No big deal. There are several in the cables on the body of the sweater. I don't think anyone will notice.

There's the finished body.
P1150008

Here we are, happily blocking.
P1240026

Oh my. What's that on the left side of the sweater?
P1240030
Um. Uh. It looks like 3 bound off stitches on what's supposed to be a straight edge. WHAT?!?

Yes, I am indeed a moron. I bound off three stitches in the middle of the left edge of the left side. Making a non-straight edge. That I have to frog. And reknit. 40-ish rows. Damn. That'll set me back a couple of days.

On the upside, I found some row markers that I really like. They are these little brass safety pins that don't have the loop of wire at the bent end of the pin.
P1150003
They work so much better than a piece of waste yarn, which is my previous solution to the "how to keep track of the number of rows" problem.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home