08 January 2007

Tasty Yarn Feast

As I mentioned before, I bought quite a haul at Yarn Barn's annual sale a couple of weeks ago. I won't say how much I spent, but I definitely cannot justify anymore yarn purchases for at least the next 4 months. I finally got around to photographing the jumbo lot of it.
P1030019

First, we have Lamb's Pride Worsted.
P1030020
There are 10 skeins of Sable and one skein of Aztec Turquoise (I think--I don't have the receipt sitting in front of me right now so I'm guessing on the colors). My plan is to make a sweater with the trim in turquoise. I love the combo of brown and turquoise.

Next, there are 2 skeins of Kidsilk Haze in Hurricane.
P1030032
It's a lovely deep blue, almost dark grey. I had a really hard time not buying the Candy Girl or Jelly. I've been drawn to dark pinks and bright lime colors recently. I've never worked with this yarn before, but I hear nothing but raves about it, so I thought that since it was on sale, I'd give it a try. I think I've found a lacy scarf pattern that I'd like to use it for.

Third, fourth and fifth are 3 colors and 6 skeins of Koigu KPPPM.
P1030022
I don't know specifically which numbers these colors are. This is another yarn I have never used before. I've been wanting to try it for socks, but I already have so much sock yarn that it took a sale for me to be able to justify buying any to try. I fondle it every time I'm in Yarn Barn. They don't have a very big selection, but I managed to find a few colors that I think will knit up nicely.

Next, 2 skeins of Plymouth Encore Worsted in Navy.
P1030031
I promised Kevin a pair of socks last February for his birthday. At the time, I had purchased some Lion Brand Wool Ease Worsted in navy, which is the same yarn I used for the first pair that I made him. I was really busy knitting my wedding shawl at the time of his birthday, so I wasn't able to actually start the knitting until after the wedding. Once I started, though, I found that I was dreading working on them. After starting over a hundred times, I decided that the problem was the yarn. It's crap and I don't like working with it. I would have preferred to use actual sock yarn, but he really wanted some thick socks, so worsted would have to do. I really like working with Encore, so I decided to put away the Wool Ease and buy some Encore. These 2 skeins are for the socks. I'm working on them now and hope to have them finished by his birthday this year (in another 3 weeks).

And, finally, there is 1 skein of something that I can't remember the name of.
P1030021
I think it's called "Heaven", but I can't remember the company name. I'll have to look at the label tonight. I know what you're thinking, "Gawd, that's awfully bright green." It is, and it's lovely. This is 3100yds of laceweight in a color called Pistachio. Every time I am in Yarn Barn, this yarn calls to me. It's wool and tencel. It must be the tencel that makes it shiny because boy does it shine! I haven't been able to justify the cost before now--but on sale! I'm thinking a lace shawl in a leafy pattern. That kind of green just screams to be made into something springy.

Of course, my tiny baby kitty was there to help...
P1030033

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home