09 December 2008

Meme thingy

Just because I've seen this on so many blogs this week (yes, I'm a joiner. So?)...

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
My dad once told me that his first girlfriend's name was Beverly. Sure hope I wasn't named after her. Don't think mom would be too happy about that.

2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?
I have felt like crying the last 2 days, but the part of my personality that requires that I eat all my emotions has turned that urge into a smile. So the last time I cried was when Bob the cat died.

3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING?
Most of the time, yes. It gets a bit messy when I'm in a hurry, but otherwise I take pride in the fact that it's quite legible (which is important in my profession as an editor, where I have to mark proofs all the time, if I don't want to incur the wrath of the typesetters and proofreaders).

4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?
I probably eat turkey more often than anything else, but I wouldn't say it's a favorite, just a habit. I like salami and ham a lot too.

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
Of my own? No. Sadly, no. Yet. Maybe.

6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
Possibly. I'm really opinionated, and sometimes whiny. On the other hand, I've been told I'm good for a laugh.

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
Oh, yeah.

8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?
Yes. They get all red and huge and painful when I have a cold.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
There are a lot of things I would do, but bungee jumping is not one of them. I just don't see the point. Falling off a bridge and bouncing around on a giant rubber band. Oooo, fun.

10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Bite size Frosted Mini Wheats. Hands-down.

11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
I can't remember the last time I wore shoes with laces, but when I did, I always untied them first.

12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Emotionally, yes, because denial and avoidance are my favorite past times.

13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
I'm kind of a purist when it comes to ice cream. Plain old chocolate will do.

14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Their sense of humor, or lack thereof.

15. RED OR PINK?
Red.

16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
I wish I was a less selfish person. The older I get, the better I am at faking the selflessness, but the selfish thoughts always exist in my head.

17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?
TechGirl - I haven't seen her in over 2 years.

18. DO YOU WANT EVERYONE TO DO THIS?
Everyone already has. As usual, I'm late.

19. WHAT COLOR SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Not wearing any right now.

20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
Shane and I had Taco John's for dinner.

21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
The Office reruns on TBS.

22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
I always liked periwinkle when I was a kid.

23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Books. New or old. In book stores, I often open the books and hold them up to my nose so I can smell the ink and paper. I even did it in a meeting the other day (I work for a publishing company, so there are books all over the place). Yeah. Got some strange looks for that one.

24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
Shane.

25. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU?
No one sent it to me. I shamelessly stole it from kemtee.

26. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Watching sports? No thanks. I don't mind the occasional NASCAR race, but generally, I'd rather pluck my eyebrows than watch a sporting event.

27. HAIR COLOR?
It's this amazing color I like to call "Blah Brown with a Little Grey."

28. EYE COLOR?
Brown.

29. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?
Not much anymore. I used to love my contacts. Then I started a job where I spend most of the day reading. I don't blink enough when I'm reading, so the contacts get really dried out. Sounds plausible, right? The real reason is that I'm too lazy in the morning to put them in. Throwing on my glasses is much easier.

30. FAVORITE FOOD?
Indian.

31. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
Either is fine with me as long as the story is good.

32. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
I think it was one of the Harry Potter's this weekend.

33. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
Pink striped long sleeve t-shirt.

34. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Winter. I have no tolerance for the heat.

35. HUGS OR KISSES?
Hugs. Kisses are weird unless you're my husband or a child.

36. FAVORITE DESSERT?
Apple pie, cherry pie, brownies.

37. MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
No one. Everyone else has already done it.

38. LEAST LIKELY TO RESPOND?
Everyone who has already done it.

39. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
I decided over the summer that I was going to re-read Middlemarch by the end of the year. It's 9 December, and I'm on page 10. Hm.

40. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
Don't have one. My laptop has one of those touch pad thingies.

41. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON TV LAST NIGHT?
Chuck. Best show ever.

42. FAVORITE SOUND?
As much as I hate summer, I love the sound of the cicadas when they first start making noise in late July. I also really love the sound of the frogs in the spillway behind my house.

43. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
Definitely Beatles. They remind me of my dad.

44. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
Greece. Is it sad that I had to look at a map to see which was farther east, Greece or Austria?

45. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I sing. I've been told I'm good. I never sing in public.

46. WHERE WERE YOU BORN?
Georgia Baptist Hospital in Atlanta, GA.

47. WHOSE ANSWERS ARE YOU LOOKING FORWARD TO GETTING BACK?
I've already read everyone's answers.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger kemtee said...

Hee heeā€¦ see, I like seeing how the same questions play out for everyone. I'm glad you got around to it!

8:19 PM  
Blogger Mag said...

I love the smell of books too but some of the new ones smell B A D. It is usually the ones that are printed in China or printed with some funky Eco ink like soy based, or perhaps it is cheapo paper. It's a big gripe of mine.
It's a good questionnaire meme. It even got me to do it too. (I also stole from kentee.) I love reading everyone's answers.

4:21 PM  
Blogger TechGirl said...

I miss you, too!!

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home