04 January 2009

2008 meme

Nicked this one from Jo.

1. What did you do in 2008 that you'd never done before?

Guess I didn’t have a very adventurous year because I can’t think of a single thing I did in 2008 that I hadn’t done before.

2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I usually make new year’s resolutions loosely, i.e., I have things that I want to accomplish, but I don’t usually remember them much past January. I did the same in 2008. I know I had some things I wanted to do in 2008, but I can’t specifically remember what, and I don’t feel like looking back in the blog archives to remind myself. Might be a little depressing. Anyway, my somewhat resolutions for this year are for us as a family to eat better – less beef, more poultry and pork; more veggies; less eating out. Also, our house has a crap ton of things that need to be done to it. We are putting off trying to sell for another couple of years, but these things need to be done or I won’t be able to stand being here any longer.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth?

A few coworkers, but no one really close to me.

4. Did anyone close to you die?

Heavens, no. Thankfully.

5. What countries did you visit?

I visited no other countries (I don’t count the US because I live here).

6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008?

A baby.

7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?

It was a fairly uneventful year, just work and everyday life. Nothing of note that deserves the word “etched.”

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?

I successfully knitted a sweater for myself. I’m not much of a sweater knitter, so being able to make one for myself that actually fits and looks good is quite an accomplishment for me.

9. What was your biggest failure?

Not getting pregnant. Not even getting close.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury?

I’ve had a couple of colds, but nothing serious. I did have some back pain that caused me to have to cancel a business trip and miss two days of work.

11. What was the best thing you bought?

A 37” LCD HD tv. Of course, that purchase started a chain reaction in our living room that resulted in a new tv stand, a new couch, and freshly painted walls.

12. Where did most of your money go?

Everyday life. Living paycheck to paycheck sucks.

13. What did you get really, really, really excited about?

Our trip to Estes Park.

14. What song will always remind you of 2008?

No one song in particular. I was fairly obsessed with Coldplay after the release of Viva la Vida.

15. Compared to this time last year, are you:

a) happier or sadder? About the same.
b) thinner or fatter? The same, as well.
c) richer or poorer? And again, the same.

16. What do you wish you'd done more of?

Cook. We eat out WAY too much, and it makes me feel like the worst wife ever (even though Shane could care less one way or another). I also wish we had done more landscaping in the yard. We did manage to improve the yard, but we still have nothing planted.

17. What do you wish you'd done less of?

Being lazy. Procrastinating.

18. How will you be spending Christmas?

We went to my parents’ house across town for breakfast and gifts, then came home and laid around the house.

19. What was your favorite TV program?

Chuck. He makes me giggle like a school girl with a crush.

20. What was the best book you read?

I didn’t finish one whole book all year. Too much time spent knitting.

21. What was your greatest musical discovery?

Zoe Keating. Maybe not the greatest discovery, but her music is certainly interesting.

22. What did you want and get?

A 160GB iPod.

23. What did you want and not get?

A spinning wheel. I am a few steps closer, but not quite there yet.

24. What was your favorite film of this year?

Keeping in mind that we usually rent movies instead of seeing them in the theater, I would say that Michael Clayton was the best movie we saw.

25. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?

I turned 34. We didn’t do anything too exciting. I think we went out to dinner.

26. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?

A baby.

27. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008?

All comfort, all the time.

28. What kept you sane?

Knitting, as usual.

29. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?

Zachary Levi.

30. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008.

I have an amazing husband. I have a healthy and happy family. My husband and I have good jobs. And we own our home, small as it is. Life is pretty good, even if my spoiled self would prefer that things were different. The lesson I learned is to be thankful for what I have.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jo said...

I know what you mean about Chuck! (Swoon!)

7:44 AM  
Blogger Mag said...

I commend you for dutifully filling that meme out and for making that sweater!
Good Going!

(I took one look at the first question and got all queasy. I didn't want to go back and take stock of 2008.)

10:03 AM  
Blogger Batty said...

We also bought a TV, and now I have the Food Network... yay! There will be a lot more cooking/watching other people cook this year.

9:29 AM  
Blogger TechGirl said...

That's awesome you've got your house paid off already. It'll be years before we do. congrats!

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home