Took this one from Jo
1. Elaborate on your default icon:
The one that I use almost everywhere, including the blog, is taken from the family pictures that we had made last Christmas. My Knittyboard avatar is the Pink Panther (childhood hero).
2. What's your current relationship status?
Married for 1.5 years.
3. Ever have a near-death experience?
The closest I ever came to fearing for my life was when Wendy and I were driving to class one day years ago. We were on the highway and the car in front of us suddenly swerved into another lane, revealing a large object blocking the lane we were in. I don’t remember what it was, but it was something that had fallen off the back of a truck. We didn’t see it before the other car moved out of the way. Thanks to some quick steering by Wendy, we missed crashing into the object by inches. Both of us burst into tears afterwards from the sheer relief of not losing our lives.
4. Name an obvious quality you have:
I am frequently told that I have a memorable laugh (Twitter. It’s been referred to as a twitter. Not sure if that’s good or bad.)
5. What's the name of the song that's stuck in your head
There’s nothing there right now. No song. No brains either.
6. Any celeb you would marry?
Sting. No contest.
7. Who will cut and paste this first?
8. Has anyone ever said you look like a celebrity?
As a teenager, my family insisted that I reminded them of Molly Ringwald, a la Sixteen Candles/Breakfast Club/Pretty in Pink
9. Do you wear a watch?
Absolutely. I feel naked without it.
10. Are you pierced?
Once in the left ear, 4 times in the right ear, and a belly ring.
11. Do you have any tattoos?
Not yet. I am still searching for the perfect art. Someday.
12. Do you like pain?
I went through a phase in my younger years of enjoying it a bit, but not anymore.
13. Do you like to shop?
14. What was the last thing you paid for with cash?
A soda at work.
15. What was the last thing you paid for with your credit
Dinner out with Shane on Friday after work.
16. Who was the last person you spoke to on the phone?
Shane on Friday afternoon (no, I haven’t talked to anyone since then – I really hate the phone).
17. What is on your desktop background?
At home, the laptop has a picture I took of the Rockies behind Bear Lake near Estes Park, CO; the desktop has a picture of the Golden Gate Bridge I took years ago. My work computer has one of Scout’s
18. What is the background on your cell phone?
A photo of Long’s Peak near Estes Park, unknown photographer.
19. Do you like redheads?
Sure. Shane’s hair is reddish, as is his beard behind all the grey.
20. Do you know any twins?
I think Shane’s dad is a twin.
21. Do you have any weird relatives?
We’re from the south, what do you think?
22. What was the last movie you watched?Cinderella Man
on tv Friday night.
23. What was the last book you read?
I am currently reading Choosing a Jewish Life
and At Knit’s End
24. Is there such a thing as love at first sight, or it is more likely to be lust at first sight?
Lust is pretty powerful, but I think there is such a thing as love at first sight. I’m not sure I thought it at the time, but looking back, I think I fell in love with Shane at first sight.
25. What's your favorite book?
I haven’t read much in the last 4+ years that I’ve been knitting, but when I read obsessively, my favorite book was Life: A User’s Manual
by Georges Perec.
26. When was the last time you visited the street where you
27. When was the last time you googled your own name?
It was months ago. The filing of our marriage license is what came up.
28. What was / is your favorite subject at school?
In high school, math, science, and English. In college, English.
29. What was / is your least favorite subject at school?
30. Do you like having your photograph taken?
No. I am horribly unphotogenic.
31. What time were you born?
32. Ever seriously questioned your sanity?
Unfortunately yes. I have things better under control now, but there was a time when I really felt crazy, in the clinical sense.
33. How many phone numbers do you have remembered and can
say off the top of your head?
My mind is steel trap for useless information, and phone numbers are one of those things that enter my memory and never leave.
34. Can you Limbo?
35.Have you ever killed your own dinner?
36. How long have you been living at your current
4 years, 4 months.
37. What phobias do you have?
I don’t have any real phobias, but I don’t like tight spaces or germs.
38. What's your ideal breakfast?
Grits with butter, 2 eggs either scrambled with cheese or fried over-hard, bacon or ham, and biscuits.
39. Where are you right now?
Sitting in the recliner in the living room.
40. Why do you blog?
I started a blog as a way to keep TechGirl updated on my life. But this has turned into more of a knitting blog than a personal blog, so I’m not sure I’m keeping her updated on much. I also like to have a record of my finished objects and the blog sort of serves as my knitting journal.
41. What would you call your autobiography?
Same as my blog title: My Sedentary Life. It would be such a fascinating read. Not.
42. What's the longest time you've stayed out of the country / where?
I spent 2-1/2 weeks in Greece in 2002.
43. Do you use ICQ, AIM, etc..?
Yahoo Messenger and gmail’s messenger once in a blue moon.
44. Do you have nightmares frequently?
I used to have them a lot. Several years ago I started lucid dreaming and learned to change the outcome of upsetting dreams, and it seems I don’t have them much anymore. I do still have stressful dreams, but I wouldn’t call them nightmares.
45. If you were another person, would you be friends with
Yes, I think so. I’m not perfect, but I love my friends dearly and try to be good to everyone.
46. Which TV character could you be friends with?
House. He’s just the sort of arrogant bastard that I’m easily friends with. I have a way of smacking the arrogant, with a smile on my face, so men with big egos tend to like me. The X was like that.
47. What's on your mouse pad?
Don’t have one.
48. What is your ring tone?
Theme from Six Feet Under.
49. What did you watch on TV last night?
I don’t remember.
50. Scary movies or happy endings?
Neither – I like a movie and an ending that make you think.